The French Polynesian Diet - a.k.a. If You Were Stranded on a Deserted Island Diet: Week 3

 






Well, week 2 is over and now it's onto week 3 - because that's how math works.

Week 3 will be fairly boring, not going to lie, but it will also be very healthy  - or at least I'm hoping it will be. Most everything that I'm eating this week has been prepared in advance, and I have come up with this neat little trick in the past couple of weeks that's worked really well for me.

So on Fridays, before I go grocery shopping, I plan out the entire upcoming week of meals, and mark them down on a list that keep in a kitchen. That way when I'm getting ready to leave home in the morning, I know exactly what to pack for myself and exactly what to make the night before for lunch, and in turn what to cook for dinner that night - if I even need to cook. It has proved to be quite useful and beyond helpful to me throughout the week. Makes things so much easier and that way I'm not scrambling each day and evening to know what to make.

That having been said, sometimes I have more food left over than I think I will  - which isn't really a problem so much as just causing me to change my plans from what the list indicates. But, fiddly dee.

This past week went smoothly and here are all the things I ate and created.

Monday morning, I had some leftover orange cake which I'd made the day before...




Lunch was leftover tuna-crab cakes with sweet potato fries...


And dinner was leftover orange chicken with rice from the night before...


Tuesday morning, it was once again orange cake, followed by lunch which consisted of a small portion of leftover rice, some diced cucumber with cooked up chicken breast


Dinner was once again more of that orange chicken with rice, this time with an orange as a side portion.

Wednesday morning, more orange cake...


And lunch was grilled chicken breast with rice and sliced cucumber again....


Dinner was some chicken breast chopped up with scrambled eggs and sliced cucumber. Really, nothing special, but quick and easy.






Thursday morning was my standard coconut water with banana and ice smoothie...

Lunch was left over tuna-crab cakes with sweet potato fries






Dinner was quite possibly the best thing I've created since being on this month's diet. I give you...




Slow Cooker Coconut-Orange Chicken




This was so delicious I had more than I should have that night...but my brain was firing from how good it tasted!

Ingredients:

3 full chicken legs (all organic, 100% grass-fed, no hormones, etc.)

1 can full-fat organic coconut milk 

1 orange

1 lemon

salt to taste 

2 tbsp ground ginger 


Instructions:

1. Place chicken inside of slow cooker


2. Juice 1 orange, remove pulp, and add juice to crock pot



3. Add the salt and ginger, and place lid on top; place on high for 2 and a half hours

4. After it's finished cooking, remove the meat from the bones of the chicken

5. Cook sushi rice on the side, add the chicken and cream mixture to a stove top pot and add rice


6. Stir together until creamy, and then serve.





Friday was not a good day at work for me, and because I get stressed out easily, it's very difficult for me to eat when that happens. Even still, I forced myself to eat my breakfast which was scrambled eggs and sliced cucumber.


Lunch...well I kinda sorta skipped lunch, and instead tore through this bag of very delicious plantain chips, which are totally a part of my diet, and that makes me happy!


By the end of the day, my nerves had reached an apex, and for one of the first times in my life, after work, I went straight to a bar. I really just needed a drink. And as it turned out, it would be less than a full glass, because I am such a light weight I cannot handle more than half a glass of Pinot Noir.



Yes, I cheated...but...I only allow myself one "snack" or "item" per week, prior to the week of my actual cheat day. This way, if I do get some kind of overpower urge or craving that I really cannot control, I can let myself have that one thing. But that is all.

Dinner was leftovers from the night before.

Saturday, breakfast was once again my coconut water with banana and this time I added some coconut slices to it - and that gave it a little "meat" if you will. 

Lunch was pretty basic. Scrambled eggs with half an orange and a few slices of coconut - which I didn't even finish...

Dinner was delicious, and yes, I know...I'm eating a lot of eggs. But they're cheap. And delicious.

Crab Omlette


Ingredients:

3 organic, cage-free eggs

4 oz. wild-caught lump crab meat

salt to taste

coconut oil

Instructions:

1. In a skillet, heat coconut oil

2. Add the eggs, with crab meat on top

3. Let the eggs cook until golden brown on one side

4. Flip after 1-2 minutes

5. Cook thoroughly on other side, and then fold the egg into a square



6. Serve with sweet potato fries and sliced cucumber


Sunday was the best day of all though.... 

Breakfast was a new recipe I stole from online, which was Coconut Macaroons, which you can find here

The only difference of course is I substituted the white granulated sugar with pure organic brown cane sugar, and instead of sweetened coconut flakes, I used unsweetened.










Lunch was especially delicious and I'm quite proud of my invention if I do say so myself...

Tuna-Rice Patties


Ingredients:

Pre-cooked sushi rice

2 eggs

2 cans albacore tuna in water, drained

salt to taste

coconut oil


Instructions:

1. Heat a skillet with the coconut oil

2. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients (allowing the rice to cool down beforehand after cooking it)

3. Form into patty shapes, and fry on high until golden brown on both sides.


Dinner, was a repeat of Thursday and Friday night, because it was just so amazing, I had to have more of it...

And that is all for Week 3. We are almost to the end of our French Polynesian Diet. Stay tuned for the final week coming soon!

"And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God." – Ecclesiastes 3:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Viking Diet: Week 4

The Mexico Diet: Week 3

The Jesus Diet: Day 2