The End


 


 

So, I'm just going to say it. I totally and utterly gave up. I started off the second week of the Africa Diet terribly, by eating chocolate the first evening. Then the next couple of days I was okay, up until Thursday when a big, huge plastic case of cookies was sent to our office, and because I'd been aching for something sweet I told my colleagues,

"That's it. I'm done. I throw in the towel on my dieting." To which the doctor replied, 

"That's fine. You've been doing it for like 19 years." It probably seemed that way to everyone at the clinic. The problem I've been having the past 2-3 months is that while in the beginning I could definitely see results and I was losing weight, even inches, later I was gaining weight rather than losing. Why bother to stick to a particular set of foods, and exclude others when it's not even working the way you want it to?

Therefore, I stopped. Cold turkey on Thursday. And I kinda went off the rails. Cookies, Indian food, a cheeseburger...all over the course of a weekend. Now, it's Monday and I'm still off any kind of structured diet or exercise plan. But all of that is changing tomorrow. I've solicited the help of my colleague who happens to be a certified personal trainer, and she is going to be guiding me on the right path (hopefully) to changing my bad habits, and focusing on losing weight and getting healthy in the correct way. Not in a way that is overly prohibitive, or in a way that is not enjoyable. I have purchased the healthy, natural foods that I love, the foods that I know are actually good for me but I have deprived myself of over the course of several months. What my new trainer is going to help me with instead, is portion control, and exercise. I'm optimistic about where this will go.

Tomorrow starts the first day of the new diet and exercise plan. I may or may not blog about it. I haven't decided yet. All I know is that tomorrow is November 1st, and my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week for the next 13 weeks, making it roughly a goal of 18 pounds of weight loss. If I can lose 20-30 pounds in that time, that would be super but I'd rather not plateau if possible. Anyway, I'm sorry that I didn't stick out my around the world dieting until the end of the year, but it was necessary to stop.

I'm off to enjoy my last day of food freedom, and I may check in now and then and update my progress.

Thanks for following along to this point everyone and all my best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Viking Diet: Week 4

The Mexico Diet: Week 3

The Jesus Diet: Day 2